Profile: Application Architect
Maximum profile level: 4
Specific expertise: BusinessObjects, Oracle RDBMS, Qlik Sense (or QlikView)
Maximum Number of Days: 1000
Submission deadline: 14/09/2018
Minimum a total of 11 years of experience
DG AGRI manages an extensive portfolio of Information Systems that support the core business activities of DG AGRI. These Information Systems are mainly specific to DG AGRI since they support the management of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) performed by the Directorate-General. The CAP Information Systems cover a wide range of business areas such as Agricultural Markets & Direct Support, Rural Development, Finances, Audit, Policy Analysis, Agricultural Legislation and International & Quality. The CAP Information Systems are conceived, developed and implemented by the DG AGRI’s IT Unit (“Digital solutions”). In order to enhance the quality and further develop the CAP Information Systems, DG AGRI's IT Unit needs to use the services of one Contractor’s service provider having the afore-requested profile at the maximum aforementioned level.
NATURE OF THE TASKS
The tasks are related to the conception, development and maintenance of the CAP Information Systems. It is expected that the Contractor’s service provider will ensure technical directions and choices, will design, realize and validate long-term, reliable and adaptive technical systems.The Contractor's service provider will execute the contract under the official Project Management Methodology of the European Commission (“PM²”) and the Agile@EC software development methodology that DG AGRI uses in order to monitor the deliverables. The Contractor will make provision in order that the service provider does not consider the implementation of that monitoring as direct orders given by the European Commission.
- Architecture and design of information systems
- Review of the architecture of existing systems
- Design and development of architecture components and building blocks
- Analysis of the integration of different information systems
- Data analysis and data modelling
- Coordination of the implementation of the technical architecture
- Technical interface between the project leaders and the developers
- Production of software architecture documents
- Participation in technical working groups, progress meetings and meetings with the users
- Assistance during relevant parts of testing, analysis, technical documentation, deployment, evaluation and reporting
The Contractor's candidates must have the minimal knowledge and skills that a person with this profile is expected to possess, as defined in the Annex I of the Call for Tender's Service Requirements. The Location of services delivery will be Brussels. Therefore, in accordance with the service requirements of the framework contract, the Contractor’s candidates must possess a language knowledge in English and/or French.
- Good knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture
- Good knowledge of applications design
- Good knowledge of modelling tools
- Good knowledge of Enterprise Architecture
- Good knowledge of Relational DBMS
- Good knowledge of business process analysis
- Knowledge of interoperability technology (e.g. web services, message oriented middleware, service oriented bus)
- Good redaction skills
- Ability to give technical presentations
- Ability to apply high quality standards
- Ability to cope with fast changing technologies used in application architecture and design
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings, good communication skills
- Capability of integration in an international/multicultural environment.
The aforementioned level is the highest level for which a Contractor’s candidate can be accepted. For being accepted at a level lower or equal to the maximum aforementioned level, the candidate must have the minimal educational qualifications and professional experience that a person with normal expertise (i.e. independently of the technological, language-related or other requirements), is required to possess for that level, as defined in the framework contract.
The Contractor’s candidates must have:
- An experience of at least 6 years with BusinessObjects;
- An experience of at least 6 years with Oracle RDBMS;
- An experience of at least 1 year with Qlik Sense (or QlikView)